Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Camp-Out Mystery

I finished The Boxcar Children, The Camp-Out Mystery, today. I thought I'd share this book with you.
This is a drawing of a note in the book. I can't tell you a lot about it because you are going to have to read it for yourself, but a man put it there!

This is a drawing of a man's archery set up. It is just a hay bale on top of a wheelbarrow with a tablet of paper for the target.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The Camp-Out Mystery
The Boxcar Children #27

The Boxcar Children went camping. During their time they didn't know what to do. They saw strange lights, heard loud music and people stole their food. The children had to try and figure out what was happening. They are very used to mysteries because they used to live in a boxcar.


The Boxcar Children's names are Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny. They are all different ages. Benny is eight, I'm pretty sure Violet is fifteen, Jessie is ten and Henry is sixteen.


Finally they figured out the mystery. The mystery was that a very nice man was stealing all their food because he didn't have a lot of food. He also was greedy a little. He was also kind when he helped their grandfather when he got hurt.
Let me know if you want to borrow the book. It is very old, but you can still read it. Or you could get it from your local library.

3 comments:

David and Kelley Shirkey said...

Hi Karter:

Wow. What an interesting book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am proud of you buddy.

Uncle David

Amanda said...

Karter,
It is so great that you are reading those books! I read the same series when I was a little girl. You are right, they are old. :) Have fun!
xoxo
Aunt Amanda

C. Shirk said...

Hi Karter,
Jackson and Annika just got a CD of the Boxcar Children that they love to listen to in the car. I think it is the first in the series. Benny is only 5. They are excited to get more cd's and books of the Boxcar Children. I'm glad you enjoy them, too!
Cousin Carrie